46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #46 of 56 Old 05-14-2016, 05:17 AM
Owner
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNC View Post
The 570S is just a wonderful car. I also got to drive a 570GT this week and I love it at well! I think we'll change out our 570S for a 570GT at some point because I love the idea of having the easy-access extra storage space in the back. The panoramic glass roof in the GT is also really nice. Plus, because we already have 3 other McLaren supercars I don't mind the ever-so-slightly reduced performance of the 570GT (which I couldn't notice at all when I was driving it) but more importantly I like that it's a little bit quieter and a little bit softer riding than the 570S. The first thing my wife said when we got the 570S was she liked it the most of our McLarens because it was the quietest. I totally get that. Sometimes you just want a nice subtle, quiet supercar to go for a nice drive. the 570S and 570GT fit that bill perfectly yet they can be ferocious track monsters when pushed (and set to track/track/ESC DYN mode).

Here's our little McLaren collection... L-R: P1, 650S Spider, 570S, 675LT

Very nice! You must be one of only a few people in the world that has that combination of cars. Very cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 56 Old 05-14-2016, 07:35 AM
J1n

@MarkNC what a nice pack of wolves you've got

My mrs doesn't like any of the bulls or horses SO i foresee that i'll end up with a similar collection like yours hah!
post #48 of 56 Old 05-14-2016, 01:06 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
@MarkNC what a nice pack of wolves you've got

My mrs doesn't like any of the bulls or horses SO i foresee that i'll end up with a similar collection like yours hah!

You won't regret it. For a while I had two Ferraris (458 Spider and FF - still have and love the FF) and the first two McLarens on the left (P1 and 650S) but once I got the 650S the 458 only got pity drives so I sold it to a good friend who loves and appreciates it. I still have the FF, and plan to trade it for the new Lusso, but if McLaren would make a 4 seater that would go too. I keep begging McLaren to make one but they're just not at that stage yet. I hope they eventually do one.
J1n likes this.

post #49 of 56 Old 05-14-2016, 01:24 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfturbo View Post
Awesome pic Mark. You are a lucky man with exquisite taste.
Thanks. I definitely feel very, very fortunate to be able to own, and more importantly, drive, these cars!

Quote:
The only thing holding me back from an F12 right now is that I know it will depreciate another hundy in the next two years. I can take my depreciation licks with the best of them, but for the limited usage I will get, I might as well wait a little longer.
I never really understood the pull of these cars until I test drove the FF (which I knew I had to own before I even got all the way down the dealer's driveway!) and from that day onward I totally understood the draw of the big V12 front-engined Ferrari. I still have and love my FF which I'm planning to upgrade to the GTC4 Lusso later this year.

Quote:
Darkhorse strategy for me would be to get a 570S spider when they come out and swap my 650S spider into a 675LT coupe. My two criteria is that I won't do without at least one McLaren and that one McLaren must be a spider. Don't mind adding a Mac, but go to Mac must be a spider. Like I said early on, this is a good problem to have!
That makes a lot of sense - or you could kill two birds with one stone and get a 675LT Spider. But if you're not lucky enough to have a built slot for one of those it will be very expensive to get one aftermarket so your strategy might work out better. I suspect a lot of folks with 675LT Coupes also have 675LT Spiders coming so there will likely be a decent number of 675LT coupes on the market when those start to arrive. I suggest you snap up quickly because they're likely going to keep rising in price. Even loaded up with options and with a few thousand miles on the odometer they're still going to be worth way more than McLaren charged for them. There's nothing else like that car until you start spending hypercar money. I've got a 675LT Spider on order but I'll still have the coupe as well. My biggest mistake with the P1 was not ordering two when I still had the chance so I'm rectifying that with 675LT.

The 570S is an absolute JOY to drive on both road and track. I also got to drive a 570GT this week and I really, really enjoyed it as well. The panoramic glass roof gave me the feeling of what a 570S spider would be like and it will be amazing!
nh4 likes this.
post #50 of 56 Old 05-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Owner
InnerCircle

Quote:
The 570S is just a wonderful car. I also got to drive a 570GT this week and I love it at well! I think we'll change out our 570S for a 570GT at some point because I love the idea of having the easy-access extra storage space in the back. The panoramic glass roof in the GT is also really nice. Plus, because we already have 3 other McLaren supercars I don't mind the ever-so-slightly reduced performance of the 570GT (which I couldn't notice at all when I was driving it) but more importantly I like that it's a little bit quieter and a little bit softer riding than the 570S. The first thing my wife said when we got the 570S was she liked it the most of our McLarens because it was the quietest. I totally get that. Sometimes you just want a nice subtle, quiet supercar to go for a nice drive. the 570S and 570GT fit that bill perfectly yet they can be ferocious track monsters when pushed (and set to track/track/ESC DYN mode).

Here's our little McLaren collection... L-R: P1, 650S Spider, 570S, 675LT

I hate you brother.....
post #51 of 56 Old 05-14-2016, 01:58 PM
MBG
Owner

I recently test drove the 570 and it was peppy and fun to drive but no more so than my 12C. And it didn't feel particularly exotic to me in terms of interior styling or features. I prefer more variety in life and I'm not the most brand loyal person - I just know what I like.

Because of that, I'm looking to get a Lambo Huracan next. I wanted something totally different than the 12C or the McLaren family. Huracan is v10, naturally aspirated, all wheel drive, with styling I like, and a high tech cockpit. Plus the sound of that crackling Lambo engine. Really a totally different experience than the 12C or 570. I'm also in the market for Ferrari 458/488 but I think I want the Lambo more.

And interestingly, I have the McLaren in Blue, will get the Lambo in white and I would want the Ferrari in classic rossa corsa red. I like MarkNC's red, white, blue cars too.

Variety is the spice, at least for me.

MBG
Cs5ski likes this.
post #52 of 56 Old 05-14-2016, 02:44 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBG View Post
I recently test drove the 570 and it was peppy and fun to drive but no more so than my 12C. And it didn't feel particularly exotic to me in terms of interior styling or features.
I don't think the point of the 570S is to feel exotic. It's a luxury sports car and on those fronts it totally succeeds. It feels very luxurious and comfortable inside and it drives beautifully both on road and track. Like your 12C it's wicked fast when you push it but completely sedate and comfortable when you want it to be. To me it hits its goals perfectly and I absolutely love the car. Despite having the three other McLarens (and a Ferrari and a few other cars) I feel very drawn to driving the 570S on a regular basis. It just has such a great right feel to it. To me that's where McLaren is really hitting the nail on the head these days. I had two 12C Spiders and they were wonderful cars but the 650S Spider had a better "feel" to it. Then the P1 came along, again with more "feel" and now the 675LT which blends the right amount of P1 feel and the right amount of 650S feel - I'd say 85% 650S, 15% P1 which feels like exactly the right mix. The 570S also has that incredible "feel" that makes it so wonderful. It comes from steering, brakes, engine & chassis - the ingredients have been there from the start of the 12C but they seem to be perfecting more and more with each new model.

Quote:
Because of that, I'm looking to get a Lambo Huracan next. I wanted something totally different than the 12C or the McLaren family. Huracan is v10, naturally aspirated, all wheel drive, with styling I like, and a high tech cockpit. Plus the sound of that crackling Lambo engine. Really a totally different experience than the 12C or 570. I'm also in the market for Ferrari 458/488 but I think I want the Lambo more.
The 458 will fill like a bit letdown after your 12C. It's a great car but I had a 458 Spider and once my 650S Spider arrived the Ferrari only got pity drives so I sold it. The 488 should be in the same performance class as the 12C/650S, so it will likely be a more compelling car than the 458, but the chassis will be a letdown after driving a McLaren. I've not driven a Huracan but I'm guessing it will be a similar story.

Quote:
And interestingly, I have the McLaren in Blue, will get the Lambo in white and I would want the Ferrari in classic rossa corsa red. I like MarkNC's red, white, blue cars too.
Volcano Orange, white and blue actually

If I were you I'd skip the Ferrari and Lamborghini and get in line for the McLaren P14. I'm pretty sure, based on McLaren's track record that I described above, that you will thank me for this advice after you get the car. But if cars are your hobby and you don't mind spending the money it is nice to have different experiences to figure out what suits you best. I still love my Ferrari FF and plan to upgrade it to the GTC4 Lusso this year.

Quote:
Variety is the spice, at least for me.
If you have the appetite and the time then there's nothing wrong with trying everything on the menu! Enjoy!
Iron5 and MBG like this.
post #53 of 56 Old 05-16-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:

The 570S is an absolute JOY to drive on both road and track. I also got to drive a 570GT this week and I really, really enjoyed it as well. The panoramic glass roof gave me the feeling of what a 570S spider would be like and it will be amazing!
Mark - how was the GT to drive? Was it noticeably different to the S? I'm interested, as the first chance I'll get to drive one, will be when I collect mine!
Thanks
post #54 of 56 Old 05-16-2016, 07:32 PM

I have some interesting perspectives on this subject. I had a 2009 F430 Scuderia, a 2015 458 Italia and now own a 2015 458 Speciale. I have always been curious about the MP4-12C, I thinks its an amazing accomplishment from McLaren. Most Ferrari owners and of course dealers look way down their nose to Mclaren. I just had to stop at a Mclaren dealer and test drive them for myself. I was totally surprised, I mean I couldn't believe how amazing the McLaren cars are. The 650s Spyder took my breadth away, I could wait a year and a half to get a 488 spyder or get in my opinion a much more advanced 650s spyder. So I bought a gorgeous Volcanic Orange all trimmed in carbon fiber. I also put a deposit on a 570s spyder, I drove the 570s coupe and couldn't believe how much I loved it. It's actually very similar to the handling to the 458 Speciale in that its very firm and stiff put the 570s steering is amazing. The 458 Speciale is very electric feeling and the 570s has so much feel. So in response to your question about getting both a 650s and a 570s, well I am. I just sold the Speciale at a nice profit before the slide continues to fall.
post #55 of 56 Old 05-16-2016, 09:38 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cs5ski View Post
I have some interesting perspectives on this subject. I had a 2009 F430 Scuderia, a 2015 458 Italia and now own a 2015 458 Speciale. I have always been curious about the MP4-12C, I thinks its an amazing accomplishment from McLaren. Most Ferrari owners and of course dealers look way down their nose to Mclaren. I just had to stop at a Mclaren dealer and test drive them for myself. I was totally surprised, I mean I couldn't believe how amazing the McLaren cars are. The 650s Spyder took my breadth away, I could wait a year and a half to get a 488 spyder or get in my opinion a much more advanced 650s spyder. So I bought a gorgeous Volcanic Orange all trimmed in carbon fiber. I also put a deposit on a 570s spyder, I drove the 570s coupe and couldn't believe how much I loved it. It's actually very similar to the handling to the 458 Speciale in that its very firm and stiff put the 570s steering is amazing. The 458 Speciale is very electric feeling and the 570s has so much feel. So in response to your question about getting both a 650s and a 570s, well I am. I just sold the Speciale at a nice profit before the slide continues to fall.
You get it!

McLaren's biggest problem is simply getting people out to test drive them because they just don't have enough dealers. The closest dealers to me are both 5 hours away and still they've sold some cars in my market. If there were a dealer within 90 minutes of here there would be at a lot more cars in my market by now. I don't know if there's enough to justify a dealership yet but there will be before long as inventory of 570S and 570GT (and eventually the Spider which would be really popular here in the south) starts to become available. A lot of people don't want to wait 5-6 months for a car which is probably what the wait is now for a new McLaren. There's plenty of Ferrari and Lamborghini inventory around for people who want to buy one off the lot.
post #56 of 56 Old 05-16-2016, 10:11 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
The closest dealers to me are both 5 hours away and still they've sold some cars in my market. If there were a dealer within 90 minutes of here there would be at a lot more cars in my market by now.
I am surprised that McLaren has not offered you a dealership yet.

You could cut out the middle man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.