McLaren Life banner

weird display issues when starting car with doors open

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  colonels 
#1 ·
normally i start the car with the doors closed and then press ACTIVE to access my sport settings and everything is normal, the display shows the settings down in the bottom right corner

however when i start the car with the driver door up the ACTIVE settings do not display anywhere even though the tachometer changes with each setting the text doesn't show anywhere to tell me if i am in normal sport or track

anyone notice this?

#4 ·
i've closed the door and driven several miles, the Active button is highlighted and the tachometer changes when going into TRACK mode, it just doesn't show the settings at the bottom. When I restart the car with the door closed it goes back to normal.

try it and see

#3 ·
Could need to sort itself out a little before moving into other modes, I very occasionally get 'active not available' message, usually when the car's super cold, around 0-2c and just moving off. I usually wait a while until I've got a green in the rad before I change modes, I probably don't need to, it's more a habit.

#9 ·
when the text is there showing Handling and Powertrain... it starts out Brown colored but sometimes switches to Green color on Powertrain, but doesn't stay that way, it will switch back to Brown

i have never seen Handling in Green only Brown

anyone know why?

#11 ·
This happened to me once. I don't recall if I started the car with the door open. Nothing I tried while the car was running would fix it, but after restarting the car things were back to normal. McLaren has some glitches for sure. Another one is that pulling the stalk for Comfort Entry is rather intermittent. Sometimes you have to try it multiple times before it works. And when you first start the car, IRIS is loading so many things that you can't adjust the climate control for thirty seconds or so. Frustrating that they wouldn't just spend more money on a faster tablet CPU.

#12 ·
McLaren has some glitches for sure.
Someone, maybe it was you Josh? said that the car is like it is alive and has good and bad days and I think that's so true. I'm over the frustration / irritation now and just get on with it and when I start the car and the blower goes full speed for a few seconds and then shuts down I just say "good morning, sleep well? Now lets go driving"!!! It really does seem to have a mind of its own at times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.