weird display issues when starting car with doors open - McLaren Life
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By GTTX
  • 1 Post By colonels

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-15-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

weird display issues when starting car with doors open

normally i start the car with the doors closed and then press ACTIVE to access my sport settings and everything is normal, the display shows the settings down in the bottom right corner

however when i start the car with the driver door up the ACTIVE settings do not display anywhere even though the tachometer changes with each setting the text doesn't show anywhere to tell me if i am in normal sport or track

anyone notice this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-15-2017, 06:30 PM
skh

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonels View Post
normally i start the car with the doors closed and then press ACTIVE to access my sport settings and everything is normal, the display shows the settings down in the bottom right corner

however when i start the car with the driver door up the ACTIVE settings do not display anywhere even though the tachometer changes with each setting the text doesn't show anywhere to tell me if i am in normal sport or track

anyone notice this?
Close the door for the info to show up? probably the door warning overlapping the H/P modes info
post #3 of 15 Old 02-15-2017, 06:45 PM

Could need to sort itself out a little before moving into other modes, I very occasionally get 'active not available' message, usually when the car's super cold, around 0-2c and just moving off. I usually wait a while until I've got a green in the rad before I change modes, I probably don't need to, it's more a habit.

post #4 of 15 Old 02-15-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skh View Post
Close the door for the info to show up? probably the door warning overlapping the H/P modes info
i've closed the door and driven several miles, the Active button is highlighted and the tachometer changes when going into TRACK mode, it just doesn't show the settings at the bottom. When I restart the car with the door closed it goes back to normal.

try it and see
post #5 of 15 Old 02-15-2017, 10:15 PM
skh

Quote:
i've closed the door and driven several miles, the Active button is highlighted and the tachometer changes when going into TRACK mode, it just doesn't show the settings at the bottom. When I restart the car with the door closed it goes back to normal.

try it and see
i tried it , the info in buttom right always showing regardless if i started my car with the door closed or open !

Last edited by skh; 02-15-2017 at 10:23 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 02-15-2017, 10:36 PM

Gotta love British electronics...
Dash likes this.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-16-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skh View Post
i tried it , the info in buttom right always showing regardless if i started my car with the door closed or open !
hmmm it is possible i am pushing the ACTIVE button too fast when i enter the vehicle, as in the i open door hop in and start engine push ACTIVE all within in 5 seconds
post #8 of 15 Old 02-16-2017, 03:43 PM
skh

Quote:
hmmm it is possible i am pushing the ACTIVE button too fast when i enter the vehicle, as in the i open door hop in and start engine push ACTIVE all within in 5 seconds
try to start it with active on and see what happens , press the start engine without the brake pedal 2 times then press active and start the engine. this probably software glitch ask ur dealer if there is an update.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-16-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

when the text is there showing Handling and Powertrain... it starts out Brown colored but sometimes switches to Green color on Powertrain, but doesn't stay that way, it will switch back to Brown

i have never seen Handling in Green only Brown

anyone know why?
post #10 of 15 Old 02-16-2017, 07:14 PM
Owner

Quote:
when the text is there showing Handling and Powertrain... it starts out Brown colored but sometimes switches to Green color on Powertrain, but doesn't stay that way, it will switch back to Brown

i have never seen Handling in Green only Brown

anyone know why?
Green means you're driving like an old lady.

Daily drivers:
1994 NSX - Brooklands Green with 300K+ miles
2012 12C - Racing Green with fewer miles (but still 3rd-highest USA, 13th-highest worldwide)
post #11 of 15 Old 02-17-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:

anyone notice this?
This happened to me once. I don't recall if I started the car with the door open. Nothing I tried while the car was running would fix it, but after restarting the car things were back to normal. McLaren has some glitches for sure. Another one is that pulling the stalk for Comfort Entry is rather intermittent. Sometimes you have to try it multiple times before it works. And when you first start the car, IRIS is loading so many things that you can't adjust the climate control for thirty seconds or so. Frustrating that they wouldn't just spend more money on a faster tablet CPU.
post #12 of 15 Old 02-17-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshgldstn View Post
McLaren has some glitches for sure.
Someone, maybe it was you Josh? said that the car is like it is alive and has good and bad days and I think that's so true. I'm over the frustration / irritation now and just get on with it and when I start the car and the blower goes full speed for a few seconds and then shuts down I just say "good morning, sleep well? Now lets go driving"!!! It really does seem to have a mind of its own at times.
post #13 of 15 Old 02-17-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshgldstn View Post
This happened to me once. I don't recall if I started the car with the door open. Nothing I tried while the car was running would fix it, but after restarting the car things were back to normal. McLaren has some glitches for sure. Another one is that pulling the stalk for Comfort Entry is rather intermittent. Sometimes you have to try it multiple times before it works. And when you first start the car, IRIS is loading so many things that you can't adjust the climate control for thirty seconds or so. Frustrating that they wouldn't just spend more money on a faster tablet CPU.
Yes long delays on comfort access. I find it easier to start the car and just push my memory seat button. I do like that it backs seat up when you exit, I've tried entering exiting without it and it's tight.
post #14 of 15 Old 02-17-2017, 08:38 PM
InnerCircle
Owner

Quote:
Yes long delays on comfort access. I find it easier to start the car and just push my memory seat button. I do like that it backs seat up when you exit, I've tried entering exiting without it and it's tight.
The latest firmware update has cured the long delay on comfort access.
post #15 of 15 Old 02-22-2017, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricko View Post
The latest firmware update has cured the long delay on comfort access.
actually i think my problem is i push the brake when i get in the car... if you do that the comfort system is delayed

don't touch the brake if you want comfort access fast
Patricko likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren Life forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.