McLaren Life banner

What is your age? (only 570s/570GT owners)

• 20-30

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 30-35

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 35-40

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 40-45

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • 45-50

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 50-55

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • 55-60

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 60-65

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 65+

Votes: 4 7.7%

Demographics of 570s/570GT Owners

13K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Barnes12 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

We would like to have an idea about the demographics of 570s/570GT owners, the poll above is anonymous, so please feel free to vote so we have more accurate results. Please only 570s/570GT owners.

Another question guys, how frequently you use your cars? since this is not a private question you could easily comment about the milage of your car and so on.. Also, you could add any info that helps in gives a better idea about 570s owners.

For me, I picked up my 570s in mid of October 2016 (3 months ago I guess), I use it every single day, now the milage is slightly above 6000 miles.

Waiting from you guys.

All the best,

#15 ·
I collected mine on 3/1/17 and have driven it nine times including today. But that's also because the weather has been quite bad.

The mileage is already up to 522 and I'm on a limited mileage insurance policy. If I carry on using it at this rate I will breach that a lot sooner than I had planned

Thing is, its such a pleasure to drive I want to use it every day.

I am very very fortunate to also own a 458, but I don't seem to want to drive it at all now. Not used it for over a month.

Tells its own story really.

#24 ·
I read that the average Ferrari buyer (assume $250k car) has a NW of $5MM and makes $500k year and is 41 years old. There are a lot of people that would agree and disagree with that purchase given those stats.....it all depends on how much you really want the car. For me, there is no way I would buy a $250k car with those stats, unless I was above 65 years old, that is my personal preference/comfortability. One could argue, you only live once though! Sir Mac, you are 27 and doing nothing wrong.....keep in mind, there are several people that drive these cars that are old money/inherited a business, etc. Great cars, but in no way a good financial decision (absent the P1, etc)

#25 ·
Now you've got me curious. If you don't believe a 41 year old with $5MM net worth making $500K a year should buy a $250K car, what income, net worth do you think is appropriate? I'm not challenging you. I'm just fascinated by this topic and how folks view financial planning.

#27 ·
jshgldstn, I'm with you on that on that point of curiosity. That 5/500 figure seems like the perfect financial position to be in to purchase (or lease) a car like this. I bought mine for my 40th birthday. Picked it up end of March and have 4800 miles, 3 track days and already a new set of rear tires on it.

#30 ·
No worries at all, didn't think you were challenging. It is a fascinating topic, probably more to do with psychology than finance, at least in the gray areas. Certainly, with those stats it is very affordable to buy a $250k car, the math proves it. However, me being in finance (trading) and coming from nothing, I see what I can do with the money, and I also know big pay days come and go...............and if the music all stopped tomorrow, with those stats, I would certainly be regretting spending $250k on a car when my salary is now, say, $100k. Without going into my financials, it took a lot higher number, multiples higher, for me to be comfortable doing that. Again, this is a very subjective topic, unless you are talking a NW of say lower than 500k, making $100k year. I would never push my conservative view on anyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.