McLaren Life banner

Carbon bucket sport seats

10K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  EvolutionAutomotive 
#1 ·
Just about to order a new 570s and tempted to include the track pack, love everything included in the pack but unsure on how comfortable the carbon bucket seats are. Anyone have them ?? The car will be manly used for normal weekend road use and want Mrs JR to join me and not say ' not siting in those seats!'

#7 ·
What Valentin says: try them first.

Mrs slumdog was not too happy the first couple of drives after switching the regular non-electric seats for carbon buckets but now she finds them very comfortable even for extended road trips. It's a personal thing though so best to try first.

#12 ·
I love the racing buckets but If in doubt the fully electric adjustable, heated and memory sports seats are fantastic IMHO and the safer more resalable option.
Don't get me wrong buckets are desirable but just to less people and that's why they are quite rare.
If you track the car a lot go buckets but if you drive the car daily go sports seats IMHO

#14 ·
I think I am personally on the upper limit for fitting in the normal bucket seats, at 6'1 215. The touring seats fit a little looser (I don't mind either) but for guys that are 6'4 and anyone above 225 you're really asking for a challenge.

#15 ·
Just for clarification, rake is not adjustable on the race seat. The multiple sets of holes on the drivers seat are for height adjustment only. Rake could only be adjusted by redrilling/physically modifying the sidemounts.

Something else to consider, the passenger side is fixed at the lowest height setting (only one set of sidemount holes), and if your significant other is short, they wont see over the dash all that well.

Long story short, test fit the seats.

By the way, I think every dealer should have every seat in their showroom for potential customers to try. This is the single most important interface between driver and car.

#18 ·
I have the Track Pack and the seats make the package. My wife and I find them comfortable and I fit like a glove. I also fit quite well in my Indycar (5'5"/135). I'm not sure what size the seats are, but I don't think I would want any other.

#20 ·
I have a set available if anyone is interested. They are as new and ready to ship. PM or call text me if interested 904-629-0887
It's interesting to see the buckets wrapped in leather. Was that a factory option? I've only ever seen them in alcantara.

#22 ·
I know this is an old thread recently revived, but I'll reply for the sake of those who are discovering it for the first time.

I have the track pack with carbon buckets, and will not buy another McLaren without them. They change the experience from a sleek road car to that of a snug race car. So if that's the experience you want, don't settle for less. Actually, I don't think I'll ever buy another performance car in general without bucket seats like this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.