McLaren Life banner

Waiting games

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  @RES 
#1 ·
Hello guys/gals just wanted to say Hi! We just ordered a 570GT. The process was very simple and straightforward through McLaren Philadelphia and they did a great job welcoming us. I was curious what everyone's wait times for cars were once the order was approved. We have MSO paint if that matters. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Cheers!
~Adrian~

#2 ·
Hello guys/gals just wanted to say Hi! We just ordered a 570GT. The process was very simple and straightforward through McLaren Philadelphia and they did a great job welcoming us. I was curious what everyone's wait times for cars were once the order was approved. We have MSO paint if that matters. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Cheers!

~Adrian~

It varies. Mc Philly will know best. Mine took about 8 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Welcome! -- 5-6 months sounds reasonable at this point. When you say MSO paint, do you mean one from the "MSO Defined" list or are you going full custom? If it's full custom, I'd expect that to add a bit of delay.

-Jamie.

#13 ·
At the risk of repeating myself from other threads - my car (570S) spec locked on 8/4 and car went through its post production dynamic test on 10/25. Arrived on USWC (San Fran) a month later 11/25. I had no MSO items on my car but a few bits and pieces and I'm a fellow volcanologist going for a shade of orange!!! :D

All the 2Q/3Q (2016) delays people were experiencing appear to have been sorted with two production lines now up and running. Your quoted dates don't look out of sync to me. Potential impacts on dates could be the new P14 run but I can't believe they won't have thought of that and have a plan.

PS - you can while away some of the time trying to think of silly number plates for the car. Here in Cali every single mention of "volcano" has been taken!!!!

PPS - as it's really hammering down here today and no drive/ride time I had time to look up whether it is "while away" or "wile away". As a Brit the OED references "while away" back to the 18th C but "wile" is now considered correct too. Useless fact for the day and now I'll show myself out!!!! :) Congratulations on the car.

#15 ·
Thanks for your input, It's reassuring :D Valcanologist hahahha I already have my plate reserved!! just looking at wheels now and planning events to attend for the year.

Ducati1199 that has to be the most polite grammatical correction I have ever seen lol, Thanks buddy :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.