McLaren Life banner

540 Delivery & Specs?

13K views 60 replies 15 participants last post by  Azure Blue P1 
#1 ·
Anyone got a date for delivery yet?

Be interesting to hear about specs too, I'll be adding a few things like the security pack, heated seats, but keeping things fairly under control on the options. 0:)

Anyone going full Lux Pack and Carbon overload? >:)

#4 · (Edited)
After much deliberation I'm fully specced here with a delivery in July

I've gone for my original choice of Storm Grey, with black Nappa/Alcantara interior and orange stitching. I added the Security Pack, which seems pretty essential, plus the Lux Pack which was a bit of an after thought. I figured as I'd ordered half the items I might as well take advantage of the lux deal, I'm sure the sound system will be a bonus and the soft close doors will keep the Mrs happy!

I've added a few bits like orange callipers, leather sills, I'm fine with the standard wheels though and no carbon... however I could be tempted at a later date on that one. I figured it'll be easier to add some interior components then upgrade things like the sound system or the seats. All in all I'm pleased with the spec, just pacing expectantly!

#6 ·
I ordered in December and SHOULD have my car in late April/May. It is entering production likely this week or already has.

#9 ·
No demo's anywhere - I think my car will be the first to land in Canada. It should be here in 3 weeks or so!!

Reactions: Dash
#12 ·
Hi Dash and John, yes I'm really interested in the 540c, I'm an ex-911 owner and I've had a drive in a 570 recently which was superb, lovely sharp steering and handling, tactile sharp gear changes with the carbon paddles, amazingly soft ride in this kind of car, nice and quick when you want, loved it. Not quite as manic as the 458 for noise but really good for a turbo machine.

Anyway, I'd go with blade grey, stealth wheels and exhaust tips, sport design seats, security pack, carbon paddles/dash and sports exhaust. I went to McLaren Birmingham, where did you chaps buy from? Which supercars did you own before?

#13 ·
I figured the 540 was plenty enough McLaren for a daily ride, after that it took me ages to settle on my options, not to mention colour! In the end I went for the creature comforts as its'a daily ride, for that reason I went for a low key colour too. There's no Blade Grey though... just Blade Silver and Storm Grey, both are pretty stunning but I'm biased as I went for the latter. I'm guessing you're hitting the configurator at the moment... :D

#14 ·
Yes, I've been going over it, I can't make my mind up on the interior options, whether to go for a matching grey type scheme, or maybe something like McLaren Orange. I was mulling over the depreciation of this too, what had you allowed for this, maybe starting figure £146k, down to £120 after one year, and £100 after two years, allowing for say 5k miles a year?

#15 · (Edited)
I went for Storm Grey with a Nappa Leather/Alcantera interior in black, with Orange stitching to match the callipers. I was originally thinking black with white stitching but I figured it's a McLaren so should a little orange somewhere. My spec was tad below what you're thinking, it's a well specced car though, I just steered clear of the carbon... for now!

No idea of depreciation, my plan is to enjoy the car and avoid ALL threads on that subject and McAdverts for at least a year! :D

#27 ·
Has anyone picked theirs up yet? I feel like I am the first, not sure how I feel about that lol

#38 ·
A buddy of mine just had his beautiful white 540C delivered in Toronto. 2 of them total that I know of in Canada now.

Reactions: Dash
#41 ·
My 540C (volcano orange) had just delived at Mclaren Tokyo.

Volcano orange look different under sun light and night.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.